Boston Red Sox at Houston Astros Picks & Betting Tips – Astros To Take 2-0 Lead16 Oct 2021 Read more
San Diego Padres at San Francisco Giants Picks & Betting Tips - In-form Giants to take Game 2
- San Diego Padres at San Francisco Giants tips for Saturday
- First pitch is slated for 4:05 p.m. (EST) at Oracle Park
- Joe Musgrove (11-9, 3.22 ERA, 1.09 WHIP) heads to the hill for the Padres
- Kevin Gausman (14-6, 2.87 ERA, 1.04 WHIP) takes the ball for the Giants
- Preview, stats & head-to-head
- San Diego Padres at San Francisco Giants Picks & Betting Tips
- Head To Head
- San Diego Padres Form
- San Francisco Giants Form
San Diego Padres at San Francisco Giants Picks & Betting Tips
San Diego (78-82) will finish with a losing record for the 10th time in the last 11 seasons.
San Francisco’s (106-54) magic number to clinch the NL West and best record in the majors is one.
The Giants are assured of at least a share of the division title for the first time since 2012 and their 106 victories ties a franchise record. They are tipped to take out Game 2.
- The Padres have lost seven straight and are 1-9 in their last 10.
- San Diego is 33-46 on the road and 54-62 vs. RHPs.
- The Giants have won seven in a row and are 9-1 in last 10.
- San Francisco is 53-26 at home and 79-34 against RHPs.
Head To Head
San Francisco scored two runs in the first inning and Anthony DeSclafani combined with four relievers to shut out San Diego 3-0 on Saturday. The Padres outhit the Giants 9-6.
The Giants have won three of four from the Padres and leads the season-series 10-7. San Francisco has won five of eight at Oracle Park. The Giants have outscored the Padres 79-69.
San Diego Padres Form
San Diego has dropped seven straight and 12 of 13.
The Padres are 6-20 in September/October, getting outscored 150-103.
San Diego’s offense has compiled 4.0 runs over the last 13 contests with a slash line of .254/.316/.431.
The Padres’ pitching staff has compiled a 1-12 record during this 13 -game stretch with a 6.03 ERA, 1.46 WHIP and .268 OBA.
San Francisco Giants Form
San Francisco has won seven in a row and 11 of 13.
The Giants, who are 4-0 during their six game homestand, are 22-6 in September/October. They have outscored their opponents 161-98 during this span.
San Francisco’s offense has produced 4.9 runs over the last 13 games with a slash line of .257/.338/.421.
The Giants’ pitching staff has compiled an 11-2 record during this game stretch with an 2.72 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and .258 OBA.
San Francisco could clinch the NL West with a win. This is a pitching rematch from Sept. 21, which the Giants won 6-5 by scoring one run in the top of the ninth. Neither Gausman nor Musgrove threw well in that game.
San Francisco is in excellent form while San Diego has really gone into the tank over the last month. Gausman has pitched well during day games this and has 3.84 ERA in five games against San Diego, but he has been battered in each of his last two starts against the Padres.
The Giants hitters have fared well against Musgrove, who has allowed eight runs over the last two games against San Francisco, over his career as they have produced a .924 OPS. San Francisco has won eight of Gausman’s last 11 starts.
Best Bet: Giants Moneyline @-178.57 at bet365 Sport NJ - 5 Units
16 October 2021
17 October 2021
18 October 2021
19 October 2021
- Select All
- American Football Events
- Baseball Events
- Basketball Events
- Boxing Events
- Esports Events
- Ice Hockey Events
- Soccer Events
- UFC Events
- ARZ Coyotes @ BUF Sabres
- Kentucky at Georgia
- Purdue at Iowa
- BOS Red Sox at HOU Astros - Game 2
- TCU at Oklahoma
- Alabama at Mississippi State
- LA Dodgers at ATL Braves - Game 1
- NFL Week 6 Parlay Tips
- MIA Dolphins at JAX Jaguars (London)
- LA Chargers at BAL Ravens
- AZ Cardinals at CLE Browns
- SEA Seahawks at PIT Steelers
Latest predictions news
Atlanta Take Game 1Los Angeles Dodgers at Atlanta Braves Picks & Betting Tips – Braves To Go Up 1-016 Oct 2021 Read more
Tampa VictoryBoston Red Sox at Tampa Bay Rays Picks & Betting Tips – Rays Tipped To Win Opener08 Oct 2021 Read more
SF WinAtlanta Braves at San Francisco Giants Picks & Betting Tips - Giants To Defend Oracle Again19 Sep 2021 Read more