bet365 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout Offer10 Sep 2021 Read more
United States vs Mexico Preview & Betting Picks - Who will win the Concacaf Gold Cup Final?
- United States vs Mexico tips for Sunday's Concacaf Gold Cup final
- The match is being played at Allegiant Stadium (8.30pm ET)
- Mexico beat the United States in the 2019 Gold Cup final
- Match preview, betting picks and latest team news
- United States vs Mexico Preview & Betting Picks
- Head to Head
- United States Form
- United States Team News
- Mexico Form
- Mexico Team News
- Concacaf Gold Cup Final FAQs
United States vs Mexico Preview & Betting Picks
There is little to split the two tournament favorites with near identical records. Both sides have conceded just one goal in five games en route to the final.
Mexico won the 2019 final against the United States 1-0 and another tight Gold Cup decider is in store. This is one is tipped to go to extra-time after a draw.
- United States are 6-time Concacaf Gold Cup champions.
- United States have won 12 of their last 14 matches (all competitions).
- United States have won 14 of their last 16 matches (Gold Cup).
- United States have won 5 of their last 6 matches to nil (all competitions).
- United States have seen under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 matches (Gold Cup).
- Mexico are 11-time Concacaf Gold Cup champions.
- Mexico have won 6 of their last 7 matches (all competitions).
- Mexico have kept 7 clean sheets in their last 8 matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
There has been nothing to split these two rivals over the last 10 meetings. It is three wins each and four draws in that time.
Mexico won the 2019 Gold Cup Final with a 1-0 win over the United States. The most recent meeting ended in a 2-2 draw in the Concacaf Nations League Final, which the USA won in extra-time.
The overall head to head record stands at 31-23 in Mexico's favour from 73 previous matches.
United States Form
United States booked their spot in the final with a 1-0 win over Qatar in the semi-final on Thursday.
It needed an 86th minute winner from Gyasi Zardes to send Gregg Berhalter’s side through.
It was a fourth 1-0 win of the competition for the USMNT.
They recorded a 1-0 win over Haiti in the opener, before defeating Martinique 6-1. A 1-0 win over Canada sealed top spot in Group B.
In the quarter-final, it was another 1-0 victory as Matthew Hoppe got the only goal of the game seven minutes from time against Jamaica.
United States Team News
Substitute Gyasi Zardes was hero of the semi-final but he is likely to start on the bench once again in the final.
Gregg Berhalter is expected to name the same side that started the semi-final.
Walker Zimmerman was ruled out of the remainder of tournament after suffering a hamstring injury against Canada. His replacement Henry Kessler is yet to make his international debut.
Reigning champions Mexico are into a 10th Gold Cup final in the last 16 editions after a 2-1 win over Canada in the semi-finals.
Hector Herrera scored the winner nine minutes into added time to seal a dramatic victory for Gerardo Martino's side.
Orbelin Pineda opened the scoring with a first-half stoppage time penalty.
Mexico then conceded their first goal of the tournament when Tajon Buchanan equalised for Canada before El Tri's Carlos Salcedo missed a second-half penalty.
Mexico's title defence started with a 0-0 draw with Trinidad & Tobago before beating Guatemala 3-0 and El Salvador 1-0 to top Group A.
In the quarter-final, Mexico defeated Honduras 3-0 thanks to goals from Rogelio Funes, Jonathan dos Santos and Pineda.
Mexico Team News
Mexico have no fresh injury problems, so Gerardo Martino is expected to name an unchanged side.
Winger Hirving Lozano remains out injured.
Concacaf Gold Cup Final FAQs
Where can I watch the United States vs Mexico live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the United States vs Mexico live stream.
What time does the Concacaf Gold Cup Final kick off?
The Gold Cup Final kicks off at 8.30pm ET on Sunday, August 1.
Both sides have conceded just one goal through the entire tournament. A close contest is predicted with a draw in 90 minutes the best value and Mexico tipped to win on penalties.
Best Bet: Draw Full-Time Result @210 at bet365 Sport NJ - 13 Units
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score @500 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
Megabet: Mexico To Win on Penalties @900 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
22 October 2021
23 October 2021
24 October 2021
25 October 2021
26 October 2021
- Select All
- American Football Events
- Baseball Events
- Basketball Events
- Boxing Events
- Esports Events
- Ice Hockey Events
- Soccer Events
- UFC Events
- SJ Sharks @ TOR Maple Leafs
- NY Knicks at ORL Magic
- NBA Parlay Tips - October 22
- CFL Week 12 Parlay Tips
- CFL Bet of the Day - Week 12
- NO Pelicans at CHI Bulls
- HOU Astros at BOS Red Sox - Game 6
- PHX Suns at LA Lakers
- Cincinnati at Navy
- Oklahoma at Kansas
- Illinois at Penn State
- Paulo Costa vs Marvin Vettori