- The player rewards scheme is fully integrated into the casino’s own rewards program
- The browser-based software is extremely easy to use
- Resorts has some of the best deposit and withdrawal options in the New Jersey market
- Some niggles with the software remain to be fixed
Why You Should Bet At Resorts
An excellent player rewards scheme and good welcome bonus make this a must visit sportsbook. The game range and bet types are common enough among NJ operators but the easy withdrawal and deposit options make Resorts stand out.
The Resorts Casino is a well established Atlantic City name that launched its own online casino in 2015. In February this year it finally went live with sports betting on its casino app.
The Resorts Casino is partnered with BetStars and DraftKings. For its own branded sports betting, Resorts has partnered with SBTech. The result is a blue-themed sports betting area of the ResortsCasino.com site.
The sportsbook offers an excellent range of sports and bets with an easy to use interface suitable for even the most inexperienced bettors.
Resorts Promo Code and Welcome Bonus
First bet matched up to $250
Place your first sports bet at ResortsCasino.com. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive the exact amount back in the form of a Free Bet to use at the online sportsbook, up to $250.
Resorts Sports Bet Types
Moneyline wagers are the simplest form of sports bet so they are ideal for beginners. A moneyline bet is a bet on which team or player will win a game.
The odds are different for each team, so a bet on the favorite will win less money than a bet on the underdog.
Futures are bets on an event that takes place some time away. They are often bets on the outcome of a season, such as a bet on the league winners. Other Futures bets available are bets on which teams might make the Super Bowl, or which players will make the final of the Wimbledon tennis championships.
Spread bets are based on teams or players being given a handicap. The spread is expressed in the form of points above or below the line where the line is the expected final score in a game.
One team is given points over the line and the other team has the same number of points below the line. A spread bet is won when a team covers the spread, that is it wins by the number of points above the line, or if betting on their opponents, when they lose by less than the number of points under the line.
Over-Under bets are predictions that the final score in a game will be either over or under a specified number. There are variations, but the simplest form is based on the final score of the game.
Parlay bets combine three or more simpler bets. Payouts are larger than those for single games because every leg of a parlay has to be forecast correctly otherwise the whole bet is lost.
A simple parlay bet would be to bet on five matches taking place on a single day. A moneyline parlay bet needs the bettor to get the winning team correct in all five before the bet pays out.
Small wagers can produce very big wins, but the odds of winning are much smaller. Parlay bets can be a lot of fun, especially when the first few legs have gone your way and only one or two predictions remain before you know whether you’ve won.
Resorts is offering a parlay bet boost of up to 60 percent up to $25,000. The boost depends on the number of legs in your parlay. At a 5-leg parlay the boost is 20% and for parlays with 13 picks or more, the boost is 60%.
If you win your parlay bet, your winnings will be increased by the amount of the boost, up to an extra $25,000.
Round Robin bets are a way of tying several parlay bets together. Bettors choose a list of normally between 3 and 8 teams with 2 to 6 tied together in a parlay. For example, an 8 line bet includes 8 teams and if you choose to tie 3 together, then you are betting on every combination of parlays between every three teams, a total of 56 separate parlay bets.
In-game betting describes bets made after a game has started. It is also called live betting or in-play betting. In-game betting allows you to wager on which team will win even after a game has started, or you can bet on other events that might happen during the game.
In-game betting has become the most popular form of sports betting and operators are continually adding new options. Typical bets would be on the score at the end of the next quarter, or on which player will score next, or even whether the game will go into extra time.
Resorts Range of Sports
- Ice Hockey
- Aussie Rules
- Motor Racing
- Rugby Union
The Resorts software follows the way the casino games section functions, at least in terms of look and feel. At the top of the screen on the right is an option to display odds as American or Decimal, but no fractional option has been implemented.
The sports you can bet on are listed on the left of the screen. If you want to go straight to in-game betting there is a menu on the top left. Beside it sits a menu for going to Today’s Events, Results and Sports Promotions. It really is simply put together and very easy to use.
Not everything works perfectly. The Fast Market option wasn’t available when ExpertPicks tested the software, but these minor irritations should soon be fixed.
Resorts VIP Scheme
Rewards at the Resorts sportsbook follow the same model as the casino. Player rewards are earned by accumulating reward points (RPs) and moving through the VIP tiers:
- Bronze: Your journey begins here when you make your first real money deposit.
- Silver: You’ll move up to this level when you’ve earned 500 rewards points in a month. Enjoy a better point conversion rate and earn special promos from Resorts Casino Hotel.
- Gold: With 2,000 rewards points you’ll reach gold status and receive an even better point conversion rate, discounted stays at the hotel and 5% savings on entertainment.
- Platinum: With 7,500 RP’s, you’ll become a platinum player and enjoy an even better point conversion rate, loyalty gifts, and get the chance to swap your points for a free stay at the hotel. You also save 10% on entertainment.
- Diamond: When you earn 20,000 RP’s in a month, you’ll enjoy the best point conversion rate of the regular loyalty tiers. You’ll also get a dedicated VIP host, and a free loyalty tier status bump at Resorts AC. Your Diamond status also win you luxury getaway trips to Resorts b&m casino in Atlantic City.
Resorts Deposit Options
- Online bank transfer
- VIP Preferred e-Check (ACH)
- Resorts Casino Hotel cashier’s cage
- ResortsCard: Works like a credit card wherever Discover is accepted. You can also make deposits and withdrawals using the card.
- PayNearMe direct cash depositing (available at 7-Eleven stores)
Resorts Withdrawal Options
- VIP Preferred (ACH)
- Resorts Casino Hotel cashier’s cage
- Check by mail (minimum of $500; takes up to 10 days to process)
Resorts is regulated in the State of New Jersey by:
New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
1300 Atlantic Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
or 140 East Front Street, P.O. Box 047, Trenton, NJ 08625