bet365 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout Offer10 Sep 2021 Read more
Mexico vs Canada Predictions & Tips - Mexico To Stay On Course For Back-To-Back Gold Cup Crowns
- Mexico vs Canada tips for Thursday's CONCACAF Gold Cup semi-final
- Thursday's semi-final kicks off at 22:00 ET at NRG Stadium
- Mexico have reached 9 of the last 15 Gold Cup finals
- Will the reigning champions win through to the decider again?
- Match preview, predictions and latest team news
Mexico vs Canada Predictions
Defending champions Mexico can stay on course for back-to-back Gold Cup crowns.
While Canada have been in good form, they have struggled against Mexico.
The holders are yet to concede a goal, so we could see El Tricolor advance to their 10th CONCACAF Gold Cup final since 1991.
- Mexico are 11-time Concacaf Gold Cup champions.
- Mexico have reached 9 of the last 15 finals (Gold Cup).
- Mexico have won 5 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Mexico have kept 7 clean sheets in a row (all competitions).
- Mexico have won the last 4 matches against Canada (all competitions).
- Canada have failed to score in the last 3 matches against Canada (all competitions).
- Canada have won 9 of their last 10 matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
Mexico have won the last four meetings in a row and have lost just once to Canada since 1990.
Mexico Form & Team News
Mexico have been near foot perfect at the CONCACAF Gold Cup, winning three of the four matches and keeping clean sheets in all games.
Gerardo Martino's side started with a 0-0 draw with Trinidad & Tobago before beating Guatemala 3-0 and El Salvador 1-0 to top Group A.
In the quarter-final, it was another clean sheet as Mexico defeated Honduras 3-0.
Rogelio Funes, Jonathan dos Santos and Orbelin Pineda all scored in the first half against Honduras.
Mexico are expected to be unchanged from the side that beat Honduras in the quarter-final.
Nestor Araujo and Jonathan dos Santos came into the side in place of Carlos Salcedo and Erick Gutiérrez and look set to retain their places.
Winger Hirving Lozano remains out injured.
Canada Form & Team News
Canada booked their spot in the last four with a 2-0 win over Costa Rica as Junior Hoilett and Stephen Eustaquio scored in each half.
It was the perfect reaction from John Herdman's side, who had seen their eight game winning run come to an end in the previous game.
Canada lost their Group B decider with the United States 1-0 as Shaquell Moore got the only goal of the game.
Canada had recorded back-to-back 4-1 wins over Martinique and Haiti in their first two Gold Cup matches.
Forward Ayomide Akinola missed the win over Costa Rica through injury and is doubtful.
Fellow forward Cyle Larin also didn't feature in that game and faces a race to be fit.
Jonathan Osorio and Lucas Cavallini look set to retain their places in the Canucks attack.
Mexico vs Canada FAQs
Where can I watch the Mexico vs Canada live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Mexico vs Canada live stream.
Mexico have Gold Cup pedigree and can reach another final.
The reigning champions are yet to concede a goal and are tipped to get the job done with a fifth straight win against Canada.
Best Bet: Mexico Full-Time Result @-181.82 at bet365 Sport NJ - 5 Units
Value Bet: Mexico To Win To Nil @137 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
Correct Score Tip: Mexico Win 2-0 Correct Score @550 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
16 October 2021
17 October 2021
18 October 2021
19 October 2021
- Select All
- American Football Events
- Baseball Events
- Basketball Events
- Boxing Events
- Esports Events
- Ice Hockey Events
- Soccer Events
- UFC Events
- ARZ Coyotes @ BUF Sabres
- Kentucky at Georgia
- Purdue at Iowa
- BOS Red Sox at HOU Astros - Game 2
- TCU at Oklahoma
- Alabama at Mississippi State
- LA Dodgers at ATL Braves - Game 1
- NFL Week 6 Parlay Tips
- MIA Dolphins at JAX Jaguars (London)
- LA Chargers at BAL Ravens
- AZ Cardinals at CLE Browns
- SEA Seahawks at PIT Steelers