Boston Red Sox at Houston Astros Game 6 Picks & Betting Tips – Astros To Close Out Series22 Oct 2021 Read more
San Francisco Giants at Chicago Cubs Picks & Betting Tips - In form Giants could complete sweep of Cubs
- The Giants and Cubs conclude their season-series at Wrigley Field on Sunday
- First pitch is slated for 2: 20 p.m. (EST) on Sept. 12.
- Right-hander Logan Webb (9-3, 2.64 ERA, 1.10 WHIP) gets the ball for the Giants
- Lefty Justin Steele (3-2, 3.75 ERA, 1.25 WHIP) gets the ball for the Cubs
- Preview, stats & head-to-head
San Francisco Giants at Chicago Cubs Tips & Betting Tips
This contest features two teams that are in pretty good form. San Francisco owns the best record in the majors at 92-50 and sits at top of the NL West 3 games clear of the Los Angeles Dodgers. They are tipped to complete a clean sweep.
• The Giants have won six straight and are 8-2 over their last 10.
• San Francisco is 47-27 on the road and 26-19 versus left-handed starters.
• Webb has been fantastic in the second half of the season, going 5-0 with a 1.87 ERA and 0.995 WHIP in 67.1 innings of work.
• Chicago (65-78) will miss the playoffs for just the second time in the last seven years.
• The Cubs have dropped two straight but they are 7-3 in their last 10.
• The Cubs are 39-35 at home and 46-57 against right-handers.
• Steele has gone 5 innings in each of his last two starts, marking the third time in 5 starts. He has given up 10 hits and three runs while walking 5 and striking out 7 over 10 innings in two September starts.
San Francisco pounded out 13 runs and drew 11 walks in the Giants 15-4 victory over Chicago on Saturday afternoon.
Tommy La Stella and Brandon Belt led the way, going a combined 5-for-10 with 2 homers, 5 runs scored and 8 RBIs. Kevin Gausman picked up the win, allowing 3 runs in 6 innings, while Zach Davies took the loss.
The Giants have won each of the first two games in the series and has won 5 of the 6 matchups this year. San Francisco has outscored Chicago 43-19 during the six-game series.
The Giants are 7-5 versus the Cubs since 2019 and leads the all-time series 1151-1081.
San Francisco Giants Form
San Francisco has won six in a row and are 8-2 in September, outscoring opponents 67-35.
The Giants began the month by splitting their final two games of a four-game series with Milwaukee.
San Francisco took two of three games from the Los Angeles Dodgers and then swept Colorado in a three-game series.
The Giants have won the first two games of a three-game series against the Cubs, outscoring them 21-5.
The Giants offense has averaged 5.3 runs over the last 14 games while compiling a slash line of .263/.353/.456.
The Giants’ pitching staff has compiled a 9-5 record over this 14 game stretch with a 3.33 ERA, 1.23 WHIP and .241 OBA.
Chicago Cubs Form
Chicago has lost two straight and three of four. The Cubs are 7-3, being outscored 51-49.
Chicago began the month by defeating Minnesota 3-0 to complete a short two-game sweep of the Twins, outscoring them 6-1.
The Cubs returned home and swept Pittsburgh 4-0 winning each of the first three games by one run apiece before taking the final contest 11-8. Each of the four games saw at least 11 runs scored.
The Cubs then took two of three from Cincinnati, winning the last game of the series 4-1 on a three-run walk off home run by Jason Heyward, before dropping the first two games to the Giants.
The Cubs offensive average 4.6 runs over the last 13 contests with a slash line of .243/.299/.444.
The Cubs pitching staff has compiled a 9-4 record during this stretch with a 4.92 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and .240 OBA.
San Francisco are in-form, and the Giants are swinging the bats the best they have this year. The Giants have produced over seven runs a game against the Cubs this year.
Webb is having a career year and throwing well. While this is the first time he will face the Cubs, the 24-year-old has been excellent during day games and pretty good on the road.
While the Cubs have produced a winning record this month they have done so against a favorable schedule. The Cubs have also struggled against right-handed starters, and they don’t score a lot of runs against ground ball pitchers.
Additionally, the Giants have been great against sub .500 teams while the Cubs are 32-51 against teams with a winning record.
Best Bet: Giants Moneyline @-212.77 at bet365 Sport NJ - 5 Units
22 October 2021
23 October 2021
24 October 2021
25 October 2021
26 October 2021
- Select All
- American Football Events
- Baseball Events
- Basketball Events
- Boxing Events
- Esports Events
- Ice Hockey Events
- Soccer Events
- UFC Events
- SJ Sharks @ TOR Maple Leafs
- NY Knicks at ORL Magic
- NBA Parlay Tips - October 22
- CFL Week 12 Parlay Tips
- CFL Bet of the Day - Week 12
- NO Pelicans at CHI Bulls
- HOU Astros at BOS Red Sox - Game 6
- PHX Suns at LA Lakers
- Cincinnati at Navy
- Oklahoma at Kansas
- Illinois at Penn State
- Paulo Costa vs Marvin Vettori
Latest predictions news
Tampa VictoryBoston Red Sox at Tampa Bay Rays Picks & Betting Tips – Rays Tipped To Win Opener08 Oct 2021 Read more
SF WinAtlanta Braves at San Francisco Giants Picks & Betting Tips - Giants To Defend Oracle Again19 Sep 2021 Read more
Baseball Offerbet365 MLB Concession10 Sep 2021 Read more