Mexico vs Honduras Preview & Picks
Honduras deservedly beat Mexico 2-0 in the quarter-final first leg.
The Catrachos will try and keep this tight, with under 2.5 goals expected as they cover in the Nations League.
- Mexico have won by 2+ goals in 1 of their last 10 matches.
- Mexico have conceded 2+ goals in 4 of their last 5 matches.
- Honduras have kept clean sheets in their last 4 matches.
- Honduras have lost by 2+ goals in 1 of their last 10 matches.
Head To Head
- Mexico lead the all-time series 24-8 (9 draws)
Mexico competed in the Concacaf Gold Cup in the summer, winning the title after defeating Panama 1-0 in the final.
Jaime Lozano’s side then played four friendlies, three draws alongside a 2-0 victory over Ghana.
Mexico lost 2-0 in Honduras in the Nations League quarter-final first leg. They can have no complaints after creating just two shots on target.
Honduras lost 1-0 against Jamaica in their opening Nations League group-stage match.
They beat Grenada and Cuba 4-0 alongside a 0-0 draw in Cuba to finish second in Group B.
Reinaldo Rueda’s side beat Mexico 2-0 in the quarter-final first leg, Choco Lozano and Bryan Róchez scoring in a game where they had 6-2 shots on target.